What is Walk Across Tennessee?
Walk Across Tennessee is a 5 week walking program for teams of eight
people. The teams will have a friendly competition to see who can log
the most miles walking, jogging, biking, dancing or other types of
Team members do not have to walk together. Some may prefer to walk
outside, while others walk on the treadmill. You may choose from a
variety of activities by using physical activity equivalents.
Why Join This Walking Program?
- Get fit
- Developing a walking habit
- Lose Weight
- Meet new people
- Have fun
- Decrease BP, blood cholesterol or blood glucose levels
Who Can Join? Any one can join this walking program. You can form teams of neighbors, friends, family members or co-workers.
Moving More Protects Your Health
- Helps you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight
- Improves your mood and your ability to cope with stress
- Helps you sleep better
- Strengthens your immune system to fight infections
- Increases your flexibility to reduce falls
- Makes you feel more energetic
For more information, Contact Anna Johnson.
WALK ACROSS TN SIGN UP SHEET
WALK ACROSS TN MILEAGE LOG FORMS