Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content

UTIA Family, please refer to for the latest updates and student information. For UTIA-specific resources, including event information and county office status, please visit


Friends Of UT/Corporate Function

Adding a Friend of UT

All Extension personnel who are not on the direct UT payroll need to be set up as a Friend of UT. This will create a record in IRIS and generate a NetID for email and access to SUPER. Their record will be imported into SUPER a few days later. In order to set a new employee up as a Friend of UT you will have to complete the three forms below. Once completed these forms need to be faxed to your region office. The region office will then set up the appropriate IRIS transactions and notify Deb Welch and John Toman, via email, of the persons name and institution (TSU or county paid). Tennessee State University, state level personnel can fax their forms directly to the EESD offfice at (865)974-0882.

Keep in mind that it can take up to 30 days to add someone to IRIS and it is dependent on the workload of the data entry people working in UT Human Resources.

The Personal Data Form and Corporate Function Add/Change forms can be found on the UT Human Resources Forms page.

The Friend of UT form can be downloaded directly:

Friend of UT Form (.xls)

Corporate Function

Corporate function refers to an Extension employee’s assignment(s):
  • 4-H youth development
  • Agriculture and Natural Resources
  • Family and Consumer Sciences
  • Executive/Administrative
  • Organizational Support
  • Resource Development

All UT Extension, TSU Extension and 100% county-funded employees have a corporate function assignment(s). Corporate functions for all employees are displayed in SUPER and IRIS. If your corporate function(s) needs to be updated, please note the Corporate Function Add/Change forms are found on the UT Human Resources Forms page:

Completed forms and questions should be directed to:

  • County Personnel – contact your regional office.
  • Departmental Personnel – contact your departmental business manager.