The State Extension Advisory Council is the stakeholder group that advises UT Extension and the Tennessee State University Cooperative Extension Program. Members of the council are local leaders who are interested in strengthening Extension and targeting Extension programs to new and emerging issues. This input is instrumental in planning and conducting statewide Extension initiatives.
The purpose of the Tennessee Extension Advisory Council is to serve the Tennessee Extension System in the following roles:
- Advise and counsel Extension administration regarding program direction and strategies.
- Review, react to, and develop specific proposals regarding Extension programs and organization.
- Promote Extension with current and potential clientele.
- Assist in educating key decision makers and support groups about Extension.
- Assist, when appropriate, in locating resources (human, financial, curriculum, and other resources) for Extension.