Tennessee Search for Excellence Awards
The Tennessee Search For Excellence (SFE) program is sponsored by the
Tennessee Master Gardener Advocacy Board.
Its purpose is to recognize
outstanding Master Gardener projects throughout the State of Tennessee.
All work done by volunteer Master Gardeners is significant to
communities across the state, but not all work qualifies for the honor
bestowed by a SFE Award.
All projects receiving SFE Awards must
demonstrate overall excellence, high levels of learning and community
outreach that embody the following values of the Master Gardener
- Providing home horticulture education in a responsive and timely manner
- Collaborating with local nonprofit and municipal groups to offer educational leadership for better gardening practices in area communities
- Fostering a learning environment for volunteers
- Encouraging continued education and the recruitment and training of new Master Gardener Volunteers
- Offering information and education to Tennessee citizens through innovative programs with creative and new approaches
SFE Awards recognize outstanding group projects as opposed to recognizing an individual Master Gardener doing outstanding work.
There are seven broad categories of SFE Awards:
- Demonstration Garden
- Workshop or Presentation
- Community Service
- Innovative Project
- Special Needs Audience
- Knox County- Workshop or Presentation
- Sevier County- Innovative
- Knox County- Community Service
- Knox County- Demonstration Garden
- Cumberland County- research
- Cumberland County- Youth
2015 Outstanding Extension Master Gardeners -
Barbra Bunting and Marsh Lehman
2015 Outstanding Contributing Partner -